OSHA’s revolutionary final rule limiting workers exposure to respirable crystalline silica went into effect June 23rd, 2016. The rule is comprised of two standards, one for construction and one for general industry and maritime industries.
Exposures to crystalline silica typically result from activities such as: sawing of masonry materials (concrete, stone, glass...); sand blasting; rock drilling and blasting, grading, mining and other construction related activities; various manufacturing operations.
Asbestos TEM Labs in-house X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD) is fully equipped to perform high speed mineralogical analyses of dust, soil, air & rock samples for all types of crystalline silicon materials. Our staff of highly trained geologists and mineralogists are capable of analyzing even the most challenging samples including those with numerous interfering dusts as commonly occurs in outdoor locations.
Asbestos TEM Labs meets the highest quality standards shown by its participation inquarterly proficiency testing through the OSHA approved AIHA Silica Dust Proficiency Testing Program.
Call us today with trust and ease that our expert analyst will provide accurate fast results keeping workers and the public safe.
- Amorphous Silica Air Type
- Amorphous Silica Bulk Type
- Crystalline Silica, all species air type
- Crystalline Silica, all species Bulk type
- Crystalline Silica, single species (Alpha quartz, Cristobalite, Tridymite) Air Type
- Crystaliine Silica, single species (Alpha Quartz, Cristobalite, Tridymite) Bulk type
- Silica Dust Airborne Samples by NIOSH 7500
For more information on ruling and the Compliance schedule please visit: