Symposium on Natural Occurrences of Asbestos (NOA)
April 30th - May 1, 2015 | 8am - 5pm
Marriott Anaheim, 700 West Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
You are invited to the ASTM International Symposium on Natural Occurrences of Asbestos (NOA). Join us for two days of presentations by leading NOA scientists and experts in industry, academia and government.
FULL SPEAKER LIST
Learn About the Latest Science on NOA
- Professors Brenda Buck & Rod Metcalf of UNLV to talk on NOA in Boulder City, NV
- EPA to discuss its recent release of Libby amphibole non-cancer toxicity values
- Industry and other leading scientists to respond to EPA’s new non-cancer toxicity values
- James Lockey, MD, UCinn, Principal Investigator on Libby-amphibole & erionite epi/tox studies
- Rebecca Neumann of CA Air Resources Board to speak on new CARB 435 guidelines
- Also, discussion of NOA at Libby, Calaveras Dam, El Dorado Hills, Sumas Mtn., Korea, Germany, and more.
To get the latest meeting information, or to register, visit the ASTM webpage.
NOA IN THE NEWS: Boulder City, NV
In Nevada, a Controversy in the Wind
New York Times article by Deborah Blum
UNLV Professors of geoscience, Dr. Brenda Buck (left) and Dr. Rodney Metcalf (right), to present on NOA in Boulder City, NV, Isaac Brekken for The New York Times